THE TALKCITY BLOG
PROJECT INFOTROPOLIS follow us on twitter : @TheTalkCityNG and on facebook: The Talk City
Monday, 14 January 2013
Parents finally admit giving teething baby heroin 4 years after his death
It happened four years ago in New Jersey but the parents of a baby boy who died of
only recently admitted they rubbed the drug on his gums because he was teething.
People were shocked to hear that 11-month-old Baby JM’s exposure to the drug was not accidental.
He died in 2008 and for nearly four years investigators searched for answers to find out how he ingested the drug.
Prosecutors in Ocean County, New Jersey, said Denise Manco, 35, and Rondell Moore, 37, have now pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree manslaughter.
Both defendants admitted placing heroin in the baby’s mouth and rubbing it on his gums because he was teething, authorities said.
A toxicology report in 2008 showed the baby had died of acute heroin intoxication.
They face up to 10 years in prison at their sentencing, which is set for February 22.
Chronicles Of Friday
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)
pay per click