Saturday 28 September 2013

Oprah Winfrey has no plans to marry

Oprah Winfrey. Photo: Bangshowbiz
Oprah Winfrey. Photo: Bangshowbiz
Oprah Winfrey says she will leave earth as a ‘never-married woman’ but admits she recently reconsidered walking down the aisle after attending Tina Turner’s wedding.
The talk show legend and actress has been with long-term boyfriend Stedman Graham for nearly three decades, but admits they have no plans to walk down the aisle. Quizzed if she will ‘leave earth as a never-married woman’, Oprah said: ‘Yes. Yeah, I think that’s my final answer.’
However, ‘The Butler‘ star admits she recently pondered marriage after attending her friend Tina Turner’s wedding to Erwin Bach in Switzerland in July. She explained: ‘I think that it’s interesting that you would ask it because I thought about it again at Tina Turner’s wedding. Tina was like, ‘Oprah, you need to do this. You need to do it.’ And I was just thinking, ‘Well, OK, would things really be different?’ And no, I don’t think so.’
Meanwhile, it appears Stedman, 62, is just as content with their relationship as Oprah, 59, is.
She told ‘Access Hollywood’: ‘If you ever interviewed him, he would tell you that had we married, we would not be together today. He’s a traditional man and this is a very untraditional relationship. And I think it’s acceptable as a relationship, but if I had the title ‘wife’, I think there would be other expectations for what a wife is and what a wife does.’

No comments: