Thursday 11 April 2013

(GIST): I Used To Sell Nkwobi & Pepper Soup - Omawumi


Last weekend Nigerian singer Omawumi was a guest on Rubbin’ Minds, on Channels TV.

In the revealing interview, Omawumi told show host Ebuka Obi-Uchendu that she once worked as a waitress in a local beer parlour in Warri, Delta State.
‘My mum had a glorified beer parlour in Warri where she used to sell Nkwobi and Isewu and I used to help out. In fact I was the one who used to make the Nkwobi and Isewu‘, Omawumi explained.
On her being a single parent,Omawumi had this to say,”I didn’t come with that intention to be a single parent,however,now that I have found myself in that position,I’m going to enjoy and walk the stride until when God brings that man that will come.”
The singer came to national fame in 2007 after she featured in the West African Idol and emerged second. in 2010, she released her debut ‘Wonder Woman‘. In February 2013, she released her second album ‘The Lasso of Truth’ and she’s throwing a major concert in Lagos this weekend.

No comments: