Saturday 23 March 2013

Upclose And Personal: Nigerian Actress, Uru Eke







You seem to have taken Nollywood by storm. I’m curious to know more about you and how you got into acting.
My name is Uru Kalanwa Eke. I am a twin, Igbo from Imo state. I got into acting just out of sheer passion. I know that sounds really cliché but really, passion is a strong word and I don’t know how else to describe my feelings. I’ve always wanted to do it and over the past couple of years, I felt it was the right time for me to take the bull by the horns and do something I believe I’m meant to do.


Tell me about some of the movies you’ve featured in starting from the very first one.
They are not a lot but I’m grateful and I’m humbled that a few producers have worked with me and I was really encouraged by the feedback I got from them. I made my first attempt at acting in 2005 with the Obi Emelonye’s movie ‘Ebony’. Unfortunately it was never released and I never did anything until 2007 when I came to Nigeria and featured in a Tchidi Chikere film called ‘Widows Men’. I did another film with Nkem Owoh and Osita Iheme called ‘Forgive Me Father’ and some others and then fast forward to 2011 when we shot ‘Last Flight to Abuja’. It’s been interesting and I’ve loved every single thing I’ve done so far. That is why I’m going the extra mile, I want to improve my skills and basically just push on with the hustle.
Do you do some professional writing also? I read something you wrote on New Year resolutions early this year on BN.
It’s not something that I do very frequently but when I do sit down and have ideas, I put them down on paper. I’ve also written a script which I plan to produce this year.



No comments: